1. Determine whether you wish to apply for membership as a Family Therapist or as a Systemic Practitioner.
2. Download the corresponding form, which includes the application letter, information sheet and payment information.
3. Fill in the form in its different parts.
4. Collect the necessary certification indicated in each part:
a. ensure that the certification you enclose clearly states the required information (number of hours of clinical training, number of hours of independent practice, etc.). If one or more certificates do not state this information directly, you may supplement them with documents from the institute describing the training programme corresponding to your certificate.
b. take care to indicate in each part of the form the name of the file with the corresponding documentation, so that it is easy to check that the criteria have been met;
5. Attach a detailed curriculum vitae.
6. Enclose the receipt for payment of the €38 administration fee (You pay this fee only once. Once your application has been approved and you have been admitted as a member, you will pay the annual membership fee).
7. Send it by email to: email@example.com
8. Wait for the complete application file to be submitted to the accreditation committee, which meets at least twice a year (but more often if necessary). This commission examines the dossier and makes the decision.
9. When your application is accepted, you will pay the annual fee of € 80 (from 2018) and become a full EFTA-CIM member.
10. As membership of the association is confirmed every year, the membership fee must also be paid annually. After resignation, a new application will be made by submitting a new dossier.