Become a Member
As an individual member of EFTA, you may benefit as follows:
- A reduction on conference fees for the international conference organised by EFTA every three years;
- The publication of your details in the data-base of members of EFTA-CIM on the web site;
- A discount of 33% on all Springer Books (from currrent list price at purchase date)
- An electronic Newsletter, published periodically;
- Information about the European Certificate of Psychotherapy, of the European Association for Psychotherapy, with which EFTA has the ‘special relationship’ for recommending family therapists.
This is how to become an individual member of EFTA
- Send a membership application form (downloadable below) which includes the following:
- Proof of family therapy training with a minimum of 700 hours of training in a period of at least 4 years developing theory, training seminars and supervision, including at least 450 hours of clinical training under – direct and indirect – supervision by the trainer, and at least 250 hours of personal and autonomous clinical practice with couples and families, certified by the training institute.
- A recommendation from a professional person other than your trainers confirming your work with families (for example a senior person in your institution, association department, etc., in which you work, or some other person who agrees to be your referee and who, if possible, is already a member of EFTA),
- A detailed curriculum vitae
- A joining fee of €38.00 for the administrative work.
- The completed membership application is reviewed by the Commission examining candidate files which meets twice a year. This examines the file and makes a decision.
- When your application has been accepted, you become an effective member and are due to pay the annual subscription of €80.00 (or €50.00 if you are a member of a national family therapy organization which have an agreement with EFTA CIM). Given that membership of the association is by application, this subscription is due each year. In the event of non-payment, a new application to re-join has to be made.
Download the application form in English
Télécharger le formulaire de candidature en Français
Bájate la solicidud de inscripción en Español
Das Kandidaturformular in Deutsch fernzuladen
Domanda di adesione Italiano